SME Loan Guarantee Scheme
Support small and medium enterprises (SMEs) by increasing the total guarantee commitment under the SME Loan Guarantee Scheme substantially to $30 billion.
Waiver of rates
Waive rates for 2011-12, capped at $1,500 per tenement per quarter.
Tax allowances (Under Salaries Tax)
- Raise child allowance by 20% to HK$60,000.
- Increase dependent parent/ grandparent allowances and deduction ceiling for elderly residential care expenses by 20%.
- Reserve $24 billion for making a one-off injection of $6,000 into MPF accounts to increase the retirement savings of MPF scheme members.
- Electricity subsidy of $1,800 to each residential electricity account.
- Pay two months’ rent for public housing tenants at a cost of $1.9 billion.
- Provide one more month of CSSA payment, Old Age Allowance and Disability Allowance.
- To protect public health, tobacco duty will be increased by 50 cents per stick of cigarette. Duties on other tobacco products will be increased by the same rate.
- To contain the growth of private cars, the First Registration Tax for private cars will be increased by about 15%.